Sunday, July 24, 2011

FNSI Results

Last night's Friday Night Sew In was lots of fun! It started with the most frustrating game of monopoly - junior monopoly I might add (and quietly admit that the three players were 15 and 22 years old, and mummy:o)) I spent the whole game trying to lose becuase I was keen to sew. Mum and Taya had a great deal of fun laughing at my increasing frustration! My cousin started sewing first while I discussed the wedding guest list with mum, dad and my fiance (everyone says that the guest list is the most complicated part, so I'm very glad it seems to finally be sorted). Taya made a cute cushion for her mum! She is very clever, as mum and I need a pattern to make anything, However Taya gets annoyed with a pattern and just manages to make things off the top of her head!I finally put the borders on my "Angels Kisses" Block of the Month and I'm so happy with it!

I have been working on it for about 3 years now, so to start to see the end in sight is very exciting. I am now trying to decide how to quilt it. I can't do the fancy stuff and can't afford to pay anyone to do the fancy stuff so was thinking a combination of hand and machine in the ditch quilting. Thoughts?

I needed a bit of help from mum, as I was having issues with sewing the blue border on and keeping the small red border looking even. So mum's Friday night sew in was really just helping us two girls!
We bought the material for the bridesmaids dresses today and I love the colour! and mum and I have started making the invitations. So wedding plans are coming along nicely.
Cornelia

No comments:

Post a Comment