Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday Night Sew-in

I do enjoy the feeling of knowing there are lots of other like-minded people out there enjoying their sewing at the same time that I am. However I seemed to spend more time going backwards than forwards. I'm making a bag (a Melly and Me design) and I had trouble with the little triangle bits on the side sitting right so I ended up unpicking it and doing it again - about three times! Then I started working on putting the zip in and I ended up unpicking that twice too even though I tacked it on first. The zip is in now so I shall work on getting the top part of the bag put together after church tomorrow. I was getting a bit disheartened with all the backwards sewing though so I decided to work on something else. My friend made this neat little cardigan for her beautiful granddaughter Bella and she wanted me to do some embroidery on it. Here's what I did and I'm quite pleased with the end result. She sure is going to look a sweet little girl in this outfit.
I hope you've all had a fun evening and I look forward to seeing what you've been up to. Until next time take care and happy sewing.
Corrina

No comments:

Post a Comment