Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back again as mother of the bride to be

Here I am, back again. It's been a few very busy months but life should be a bit slower for the next six weeks. My boss is off on his annual trip to France, my typing is all up to date, my backlog of filing is complete and the office looks spick and span. I just have to keep the place ticking over nicely while he's away and I have to say that my wrists and hands are relieved to be having a break from constant typing! Now they have to be put to work at some sewing which is way more fun. It's my mums 80th birthday this year so that has been my first priority. I made a cushion for her.
I made it bigger than the pattern said as I wanted her to be able to use it as a support for her back for when she sits in her favourite chair. The original pattern had buttons as flowers as a border at the bottom but I didn't want to use buttons as I didn't want them to dig into her back, so I made the stitchery panel bigger and put my own flowers along the bottom. I'm quite pleased with the final result.


I am now making something for my niece but I can't show you that yet just in case she looks at our blog. Cornelia just told me that there is another Friday night 'sew in' this Friday so that just might be the incentive I need to get some more sewing done.


I'm very excited to be a mother of the bride to be and we are having such fun planning everything. I've been to a wedding expo in Wellington with Cornelia last month and in a couple of weeks there is another one here in Hamilton. Cornelia can't come to that so I'm going to drag my dear husband along with me. Just quietly though, he is just as excited about being father of the bride to be! The wedding is in January so it's not all that far away especially if the first half of this year is anything to go by.


I will look forward to seeing what you've all been sewing on Friday night.

Corrina




No comments:

Post a Comment